Mediterranean Salmon and Vegetable Quinoa Bowl RecipeRecipe and photos by SIMPLi
Following the Mediterranean diet can have a host of health benefits, including a reduced risk of cancer. Studies suggest that the Mediterranean diet may help reduce the risk of overall cancer mortality, as well as several specific cancer types including colorectal, breast, stomach, pancreas, prostate, and lung cancer. By incorporating staples of the Mediterranean diet like vegetables, seeds, whole grains, fish, and extra virgin olive oil into your diet on a regular basis, you may be able to improve your overall health.
In honor of International Mediterranean Diet Month this May and National Women’s Health Week, we’ve collaborated with MightyMeals—a chef-prepared healthy meal delivery company—to bring you a fresh, flavorful recipe that makes it easy to get the nutritional benefits of the Mediterranean diet in a deliciously simple bowl. Learn more about our partnership with MightyMeals.
This flavorful recipe incorporates many of the key components of the Mediterranean diet, such as omega-3-rich salmon, antioxidant-abundant extra virgin olive oil, fiber-packed quinoa, and vitamin-loaded vegetables like zucchini, squash, tomatoes, and onion. Not only is it tasty and good for you—it’s incredibly easy to make! With a base of SIMPLi Regenerative Organic Certified® Tri-Color Quinoa, MightyMeals à la carte Salmon, MightyMeals à la carte Vegetable Medley, the only recipe prep required is cooking the quinoa and making the dressing. To make it even easier, you could prep a big batch of quinoa at the beginning of the week and store it in the fridge and use a store-bought dressing.
- Cook the SIMPLi Tri-Color Quinoa, according to package instructions—12 minutes on the stovetop. Once cooked, fluff with a fork and let cool to room temperature.
- While your quinoa cooks, combine the SIMPLi Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Pink Salt, pepper, Dijon mustard, honey, and vinegar. Whisk together.
- Heat your MightyMeals Salmon and Vegetable Medley in the microwave or on the stovetop in a skillet on low heat (or eat it cold)
- Add quinoa to the base of the bowl.
- Drizzle with the dressing and toss until thoroughly combined.
- Top with the salmon and veggies.
- Serve and enjoy!
Give this Mediterranean Salmon and Quinoa bowl a try. It’s the perfect healthy meal for any day of the week. Being healthy shouldn’t be hard!