Tilapia with Quinoa, Corn, and Creme Fraiche Recipe
By Natalie Strahorn
This healthy, simple dish comes from one of our Team MightyFIT Ambassadors, Natalie Strahorn, owner of The MVMNT Society, and busy mom of two. It’s already a quick and easy recipe, but we thought it would be even faster with a few freshly-made MightyMeals’ bulk ingredient items!
Tilapia with Quinoa, Corn and Crème Fraîche
I can’t take full credit for this meal. I had a similar recipe in our weekly rotation, but I saw Sivan Ayla did a recipe like this using crème fraîche and I loved the luxe twist on this otherwise seriously simple, healthy and delicious recipe. So, I updated my own version!
- 2 pieces MightyMeals Baked Tilapia
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa, or MightyMeals Brown Rice or Jasmine Rice
- 1/2 cup corn, frozen or canned
- Handful of cilantro roughly chopped
- 2-3 limes juiced – save a few slices for serving
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- Salt + Pepper
- Avocado, sliced for topping
- Crème fraîche for topping
- Trader Joe’s Cilantro dressing for topping
- Optional: Black beans or Diced Red Onion to add to Quinoa Mix. Sriracha for topping.
- Spray a pan with olive oil and add frozen corn on medium high, tossing until heated. Then, in a large bowl, mix together the quinoa or rice, corn, cilantro, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and lime juice. Optional: add black beans and diced red onion.
- Heat MightyMeals Tilapia according to directions. If cooking your own tilapia, follow the original recipe by Natalie Strahorn.
- Plate the quinoa or rice and corn mix, and top with your tilapia. Add avocado slices, drizzle with cilantro dressing, and top with crème fraîche, salt and pepper and one more pinch of cilantro. Optional: top with sriracha. Enjoy!
Check out Natalie’s MightyMeals Meal Plan for quick, healthy meals that will keep you satisfied all week long!